READISCOVER MY MIND

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Islamic tolerance in history

The prophet and the people of Thaif

`Aishah reported: I asked the Prophet "Have you ever experienced a day harder than the day of the battle of Uhud?''
He replied, "Indeed, I experienced them (dangers) at the hands of your people. The hardest treatment I met from them was on the Day of `Aqabah when I went to one of the chiefs of Ta'if with the purpose of inviting him to Islam, but he made no response (to my call).
So I departed with deep distress. I did not recover until I arrived at Qarn ath-Tha`alib. There, I raised my head and saw a cloud which had cast its shadow on me.

I saw in it Jibril (Gabriel) who called me and said: `Indeed, God, the Exalted, heard what your people said to you and the response they made to you. And He has sent you the angel in charge of the mountains to order him to do to them what you wish.'
Then the angel of the mountains called me, greeted me and said: `O Muhammad, God listened to what your people have said to you. I am the angel of the mountains, and my Lord has sent me to you so that you may give me your orders. If you wish I will bring together these two mountains to crush them in between.'''
But the Messenger of God said, "I rather hope that God will raise from their descendants such people as will worship God the One, and will not ascribe partners to Him.''


1 Comments:

  • alhamdulillah dengan doa rasulullah inilah ramainya alim ulama lahir dari taif.. dan dengan doa rasulullah inilah taif sudah maju sampai sekarang.. aman makmur sdari segi ekonomi.. Segala puji bagi Allah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 25, 2007 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home